I’m broadly interested in mathematical logic and adjacent areas, and most of my work is in model theory, specifically around generic/random structures (in various senses).
For more details about my current work, see my research statement.
- Interpolative fusions (with Minh Chieu Tran and Erik Walsberg).
- Examples of weak amalgamation classes (with Adam Krawczyk, Wiesław Kubiś, and Aristotelis Panagiotopoulos).
- Higher dimensional obstructions for star reductions (with Aristotelis Panagiotopoulos).
- Exploring the landscape of relational syllogistic logic (with Lawrence S. Moss).
- Tameness in least fixed-point logic and McColm’s conjecture (with Siddharth Bhaskar).
- Properly ergodic structures (with Nate Ackerman, Cameron Freer, and Rehana Patel).
- Logics for sizes with union or intersection (with Caleb Kisby, Saúl A. Blanco, and Lawrence S. Moss), presented at AAAI-20 (Thirty-Fourth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence), Feburary 2020.
- Independence in generic incidence structures (with Gabriel Conant), Journal of Symbolic Logic, Volume 84, Issue 2, June 2019, pp. 750-780.
- Disjoint n-amalgamation and pseudofinite countably categorical theories, Notre Dame Journal of Formal Logic, Volume 60, Number 1 (2019), pp. 139-160.
- Generic expansion and Skolemization in NSOP1 theories (with Nicholas Ramsey), Annals of Pure and Applied Logic, Volume 169, Issue 8, August 2018, pp. 755-774.
- All and only (with Lawrence S. Moss), in Partiality and Underspecification in Information, Languages, and Knowledge, ed. Henning Christiansen, M. Dolores Jiménez-López, Roussanka Loukanova, and Lawrence S. Moss. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2017, pp. 189-218.
- Actions arising from intersection and union (with Lawrence Valby), Journal of Logic, Language and Information, Volume 25, Issue 2, June 2016, pp. 139-161.
- A Myhill-Nerode theorem for automata with advice (with Sasha Rubin, John Sheridan, and Ben Zax), in Proceedings GandALF 2012, ed. Marco Faella and Aniello Murano, EPTCS Volume 96, 2012, pp. 238-246.
- Chains of distributions, hierarchical Bayesian models and Benford’s Law (with Dennis Jang, Jung Uk Kang, Jun Kudo, and Steven J. Miller), Journal of Algebra, Number Theory: Advances and Applications, Volume 1, Number 1, March 2009, pp. 37-60.
PhD Thesis: Infinitary limits of finite structures, UC Berkeley, Spring 2016. Advisor: Thomas Scanlon.